Plan ahead and make a checklist before you start any project. It takes less time to jot down a few bullet points on paper than it will take you, later on, if you forget to do things and have to backtrack.
Plus, checklists can be fun! Do a task, check it off. Do another, check that one of the list, too. Start by jotting down even the simplest of things and get a real sense of accomplishment.
Example: your Before-Work List could look something like this:
- Put in a load of laundry
- Walk and feed the dog
- Shower and get dressed
- Take vitamins/eat breakfast
- Prepare lunch
- Leave meat out to thaw for dinner
- Bring new can of coffee to work
- Make bank deposit.
- Office keys: don't forget them
- Stop and get gas.
- Tonight: put laundry in dryer
Are you a stay-at-home mom or off from work right now? You still need a list or time will slip-slide away. Your list will look a bit different:
- Complete the morning routine for you, the kids and the family pet (walking the dog?)
- Special errands (back to school shopping, etc)
- Appointments (doctors, veterinarian, library, mechanic)
- Chores (laundry, yard work, etc)
- Have FUN!
- Prepare dinner
Healthy Eating Tips for Kids
Simple Lovely Living
Simple Summers -- 12 Great Vacation Ideas for Fun at Home
Speed Clean Your Email