By Sinea Pies
Welcome to the best Chicken French Recipe ever. I mean it. The best EVER! And I've had a lot of Chicken French.
Anyhow...it all came about when some friends, Alan and Judy--fellow parents at our son's school--decided that they'd like to treat us to dinner. We weren't able to go out so they brought dinner to us.
Whether you're making it for just the family at home or presenting it to guests (they'll think a gourmet chef made it), you'll want to make this again and again!
|Not French...no, not me!|
4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
2 T. olive oil
1/2 cup white flour
1 T. sugar
1 T. Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cooking sherry
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 pound butter, salted
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 T. garlic powder
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then dip in the mixture of egg/sugar/Parmesan cheese.
- Fry in an oil coated skillet, preheated on medium.
- Remove chicken from skillet to plate.
- Melt butter in skillet and add sherry, lemon juice, bouillon cube and garlic powder.
- Return chicken to sauce in skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Chicken French
Dredge Chicken With Flour and Dip in Egg/Parmesan & Sugar
Fry in Olive Oil
Add the Butter Sauce and Simmer
French Cooking?..did you ever think you'd be cooking French cuisine? If you'd like to get serious about, as did Martha Stewart and Julie Powell (of Julie & Julia fame) did, you may want to get Julia Child's classic cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" or simply enjoy it vicariously with a copy of Julie & Julia on DVD.