Losing weight is not something that comes naturally to those who, well, need to lose weight! Elementary, huh?
Those of us who do need to lose weight are likely to be "experts" at various diet plans. We've tried them all. And here we are: still needing to lose weight!
Truth is, we don't need a new diet plan, we need to muster up some commitment and discipline. As with a cutting-edge athlete whose goal is to win the big prize, successful dieters have one thing in common. They are determined to press on till they reach their goal: permanent weight loss.
- Permanent weight loss doesn't happen accidentally (unless you are sick).
- Permanent weight loss doesn't happen with on-again, off-again attempts.
- Permanent weight loss happens when you go all out, decide on a method and go for it. Relentlessly!
- Rid the house of food items that trip us up every time.
- Plan. Make a shopping list that includes the healthy food items that you will need, for at least a week.
- Track your eating. When you take the time to write down what you ate, including how much, it brings things into perspective.
- Do the math. If you are counting calories or carbs, track them. Doing Weight Watchers? Track points. Just as we record deposits and withdrawals in our bank accounts, it is important to keep an accounting.
- Weigh in. Whether once a day or once a week, weigh yourself and keep track of how things are going. Don't let setbacks get you down. If you're being faithful to the plan (or pretty close anyway) the weight will eventually come off.
- Cut back. Cut back on activities that crowd your schedule. Over-scheduled people don't have time to eat right. They eat on the go and may pop anything in their mouths for lack of time. Make room for better planning.
- Pray. Ask for inner strength to finally DO IT!
- Move. Even if it's a matter of parking in the furthest spot from the door when you go shopping, add some steps to your day. If you can put a formal exercise plan in, great. But, one way or another, factor in some extra movement daily.
Share your stories and ideas here! If you don't need to lose weight, why? Maybe your good habits will rub off on the rest of us.
HERE IS A POWERFUL TESTIMONY TO ENCOURAGE YOU: Becky from Organizing Made Fun has a powerful testimony of how she organized herself into losing 90 lbs. She went from a 250 lb. unhappy woman to a slim, marathon runner! Really! Enjoy her story and get strength from it.
- Make a List
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus 2012
- Filling Foods - Weight Watchers' Alternate Plan
- Lose Weight Fast on the Southbeach Diet
- 5 Great Time Management Tips
Planner by Stuart Miles on Freedigitalphotos.net