I've got to tell you, I was just preparing my Friday night grocery shopping list* and started to chuckle as I saw what my menu plan for the week looks like! It's the Anti-Menu! It includes THREE nights of take-out! This is a good case of "do as I say, not as I do". I would never recommend take-out three nights in a week, bad for the budget as well as the waistline, but this week this is how it's looking!
My Menu Plan:
- Saturday -Rib eye steak on the grill with baked potatoes and tossed salad
- Sunday -Pork tenderloin, also on the grill, with natural applesauce, rice or noodles and green beans
- Monday -Hamburgers and hot dogs, on the grill, with baked beans
- Tuesday -CHINESE FOOD
- Wednesday -fake it (Leftovers? Drive-up? Call out for a pizza?)
- Thursday -Teriyaki Chicken on the grill with yams and peas
- Friday -FISH FRY (a Friday night tradition in our town)
Now...for my "reasons" (excuses)
This weekend is my niece's baby shower (It's a girl!) and I am helping to prepare it on Saturday, as well as attending it on Sunday. I won't be home much so grilling each night makes sense.
Tuesday night we are having a friend come for dinner. He is an amazing painting contractor and is going to talk over what we want to do with painting the interior of our house. (We are renovating and decorating in a big way and I want to try something a little bit daring...I need expert advice!).
Wednesday nights I don't come home in time for dinner. Instead, I go to this awesome "how to get out of debt and build a BIG nest egg class" called Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey. I go straight to class from work so Wednesday night dinner is whatever we each can think of at the time.
Friday? Cooking is just yucky on Fridays. LONG week...plus, grocery shopping on Friday nights. I really have a hard time talking myself into cooking on Fridays.
*Why do I shop on Friday nights if I'm that tired? To get a little more weekend time at home. It's working. In addition, I've switched to attending the 12:45pm Sunday service at church which gives me two mornings in a row that I don't have to be anywhere when I first wake up. Yay! It's almost like getting a vacation. (almost!)
So...there are my excuses. Linking up with Menu Plan Monday on one of my favorite websites "I'm an Organizing Junkie".
Photo credits: Freedigitalphotos.net
- Chef with Hamburger by Grant Cochran
- Chinese Food by Suat Eman