By Sinea Pies
The summer is half-way through and your Simple Saturdays may start heating up. You know the deal. School sales are in full swing and time starts running short. As the particular needs of your family increase over the next few weeks, have your daily routine securely in place.
Plan ahead and make a checklist before you start any project. It takes less time to jot down a few bullet points on paper than it will take you, later on, if you forget to do things and have to backtrack.
Plus, checklists can be fun! Do a task, check it off. Do another, check that one of the list, too. Start by jotting down even the simplest of things and get a real sense of accomplishment.
- Put in a load of laundry
- Walk and feed the dog
- Shower and get dressed
- Take vitamins/eat breakfast
- Prepare lunch
- Leave meat out to thaw for dinner
- Bring new can of coffee to work
- Make bank deposit.
- Office keys: don't forget them
- Stop and get gas.
- Tonight: put laundry in dryer
Are you a stay-at-home mom or off from work right now? You still need a list or time will slip-slide away. Your list will look a bit different:
- Complete the morning routine for you, the kids and the family pet (walking the dog?)
- Special errands (back to school shopping, etc)
- Appointments (doctors, veterinarian, library, mechanic)
- Chores (laundry, yard work, etc)
- Have FUN!
- Prepare dinner
- Healthy Eating Tips for Kids
- Simple Summers -- 12 Great Vacation Ideas for Fun at Home
- Speed Clean Your Email
- Laundry Baskets
- Organize - Become an Organizing Genius in 5 Easy Steps