Thanksgiving has come and gone but the biggie - Christmas! - is on the way. If you were taken by surprise by the earliness of Thanksgiving this year, I have good news for you. There is MORE TIME between now and Christmas!
More time to plan.
More time to shop.
More time to bake.
More time to decorate.
Believe it or not, though,it is still possible for Christmas to take us by surprise. All we have to do is procrastinate. Procrastinate now, and we will be right back in a panicky rush trying to squeeze everything in. I don't know about you but I hate the stress! It feels so good to be relaxed and on top of things. So, choose to do it stress-free. Make a week by week plan and stay on track!
First, let's look at a free printable December calendar from The Organised Housewife.
Now that you have a calendar in front of you, map out a course. Here are some thoughts. Adjust them according to your schedule.
Week 1 Nov 26-Dec 2
- Make a list. Christmas shopping list, grocery list and a to-do list for errands. Start online shopping.
- Get out the Christmas tree and decorate. Take time to enjoy every moment. Make memories and take pictures as you go.
- Check your calendar. Some days are pre-planned for you. Just make sure they are written down. Is there a Christmas concert at church or school? How about December birthdays? Doctor appointments? Hair appointments? You'll have to work around them with your plan.
- Set appointments. For those who go to hairdressers or have their nails professionally done: if you don't have your appointments set do it now!
Week 2 Dec 3-Dec 9
- Complete online shopping. If you wait much longer it is possible that items will be out of stock or not everything will arrive on time. Where to shop? A few good places are Overstock, Amazon and Gifts dot com.
Week 3 Dec 10-Dec 16
- Finish all gift shopping.
- Bake. Cookies and items that freeze well can be done early in the week. Others may have to shift into next week.
- Dry Clean. If someone in the family will be wearing a holiday outfit that is "dry clean only", drop it off at the cleaners now!
Week 4 Dec 17-Dec 23
- Wrap Gifts
- Prepare special meals and desserts.
- Clean the house.
- Pick up the dry cleaning.
- Laundry: Are all holiday clothes clean and ready to go?
- Stocking Stuffers. Did you buy them?
Isn't this SO pretty? By Infarrantly Creative
Dec 24 and Dec 25th