Beef Stroganoff dates back to Russia and is named for a 19th century figure named Count Paul Stroganov. History of Beef Stroganoff. The beef was sauteed with onions and mushrooms and combined in a sour cream sauce. This creamy, comforting mixture is usually served on noodles or rice. It tastes delicious but takes so much time and effort to make. That's why many of us have opted for a simpler version.
Photo by My Kind of Cooking
...quick, simple and low cost.
1 bag precooked Homestyle meatballs
1 cup-ish of sour cream
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
1 T. cooking sherry (to taste)
Parmessan cheese (optional)
Egg noodles (extra wide)
- Precook the meatballs in oven, according to directions.
- Precook noodles according to directions (1/2 bag serves 2 people)
- Combine other ingredients in a large skillet or sauce pan and heat gently on
- medium heat.
- Add meatballs.
- Serve on cooked egg noodles.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional).
The MealNow, one of the points to this recipe is to make a delicious filling, warm meal with little effort. So, what do you serve on the side? You may want to simply microwave some peas or green beans.
Photo by Ian Britton on Freefoto.comIf you'd like to get a little fancier, though, here are some great ideas:
- Green Beans with Almonds from Simply Recipes: easy to make green bean recipe with a nice little twist.
- Easy Yams: this takes the time to bake them but is almost effortless. Yams have a natural rich, sweet flavor that need little to no attention and it still tastes great!
- Homemade Biscuits by Paula Deen: if it's Paula Deen, you know it's delicious. These DIY biscuits only take 12 minutes to make!
- Apple Crisp: great dessert recipe served with vanilla ice cream.
I'm partying here.