What is your favorite organizing tool? Mine has to be baskets. I love them. Wicker. Plastic. Wooden. Wire. All types of baskets.
We just recently renovated our home and we opened up the kitchen big-time There was a wall between our kitchen and dining-room that had to come down. On holidays, especially, we were cramped for room. We have a wonderfully large family. Four of our five children now have families of their own. Ten of them, with spouses, plus twelve grandchildren and three great-grands. We were bumping into each other!
So, we took down the wall between the kitchen and the dining-room and put a peninsula where the wall had been. The counter-space is wonderful but, as counters do, it attracts more clutter. The mail collects there. Dishes that are "moving" from the table to the sink can get hung upon that counter. Whoa, can it get messy!
This isn't the worst it has looked but it's close!
As you can see, a lot of it is mail and magazines.
So, I kept my eye out for a brown wicker basket that would be large enough for magazines, but not ridiculously large.
I found this one at Target. It's perfect!
And, as you can see, I accomplished my goal of "just big enough for magazines" and a little more.
What is your favorite organizer?
Previously on Ducks 'n a Row (and other places) ...
- Red Robin Knock-Off Bonzai Burgers
- How To Seal Envelopes Without Licking Them
- Home Office - What Does Yours Look Like?
Stop by every Wednesday for
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
with specially featured blogs.
A treasure in every click.
- Hanging Flower Baskets by Lachland Hardy / Flicker Creative Commons
- Cats in Laundry Basket by Oskay / Flickr Creative Commons
- Grapes in a Basket by Grant Cochrane / Flickr Creative Commons
- Assorted Wicker Baskets by Wickerfurniture / Flickr Creative Commons
- Other photos by Sinea Pies