By Sinea Pies
Jam Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
Adapted from Thumbprint Cookies recipe by Garrett McCord of VanillaGarlic
Photos by Sinea Pies
2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup of sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 cups of flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup jam – any flavor
- Cream the butter and sugar using electric mixer for 3 minutes on high.
- Separate the eggs. Add yolks and vanilla Place the egg whites in a shallow dish on the side...to be used to dip the cookies before baking.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk the egg whites till frothy.
- Roll the dough into balls* about 1 inch in diameter and dip them in egg whites. If using nuts, then roll them into the nuts until covered.
- Place the balls on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Press down in the center with your thumb to make a small indent in the center of the cookie. Do not press too hard or the cookie will fall apart.
- Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
TIP: the dough will stick to your hands, big-time. Leave your water faucet running slightly so that you can get your hands damp before each ball. The ball will smooth nicely and the stickiness will be greatly reduced.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Follow our COOKIES, COOKIES, COOKIES Pinterest board!