By Sinea Pies
Ever get bored with your food? I did. Oh, I love my low carb diet. I feel better eating this way. I'm losing weight, too. And I really love the food...but I lacked imagination. Same old, same old.
Lunchtime had arrived and I was out of ideas. I thought about making a yummy chicken walnut salad, but then I remembered I had some frozen shrimp in the freezer. Yipee, something new! This simple shrimp salad tasted absolutely delicious. I prettied things up a bit by serving it on some lettuce leaves, with avocado slices on the side. Another simple solution for everyday problems. I was one happy lady! If you like shrimp, you've got to try this.
Shrimp Salad Recipe
1 cup cut up jumbo or medium shrimp
1/8 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp grated onion (optional)
2 T finely chopped celery
1 tsp Lemon juice
Sliced avocado (optional)
Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Place the frozen shrimp in a bowl of very warm water till it thaws, about 10 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Pull off the tails, discarding them.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- Snip the shrimp into bite-sized pieces, using cooking scissors.
- Combine with mayonnaise, celery, onion and lemon juice.
Serve on lettuce. Enjoy!