Do you love coconut? I do! Surround it with nuts and a gooey, warm sweet glaze on top of cake right-out-of-the oven and, YUM! I won't be able to stop eating it. Will you? :)
Grandmother's Kitchen created this luscious dessert they say to prepare and serve it right away, while it is still warm.
Here's the recipe for this amazing cake:
HOT MILK CAKE
Makes one 9-inch cake
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large size eggs
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 – 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup shredded natural coconut
*Optional, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
HOT MILK CAKE
Preheat the oven 325 degrees F.
- Lightly butter and flour a 9" square baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar until thick, about 5 minutes the beat in the vanilla.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan on the stove top, heat milk and butter until simmering. Stir and watch to not scorch.
- Slowly add the egg mixture in a slow and steady stream as you continue beating until well combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the hot milk mixture until just combined. Don't over beat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown and the cake is starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and sit the pan on a cooling rack.
- Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Poke a few holes in the cake with a fork and drizzle with glaze while cake is still warm.
- Prepare the glaze to to be ready to drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, and confectioner’s sugar,until smooth.
- If it is too thick, stir in a little more coconut milk. If the glaze is to thin, stir in more confectioners's sugar. Stir in the coconut and chopped walnuts.
- Serve this cake warm.
Love this recipe?
Original Coconut Cake Glaze Recipe recipe found at Grandmothers Kitchen Recipes.
Previously on Ducks 'n a Row
Chocolate Lava Cake from Grandmother's Kitchen
Note: this author is an Amazon Affiliate. Anything purchased from Amazon through Ducks 'n a Row will result in a small commission for me. In advance, I thank you for your business! >>> Sinea