Last week we did our first The Ultimate Party on Facebook, and we really enjoyed it!
However, with anytime you do something for the first time, there may be some changes that need to be made.
We found that the hashtag idea did not work as well on Facebook as it did on Google+, so we are changing how we do the party this week. You can still add the hashtag #theultimateparty to your posts so the hashtag is branded to this party, but it is not necessary! And you no longer have to search by hashtag to find posts.
Instead . . .
- First follow your hosts and co-hosts on Facebook.
Tammy from The Ultimate Linky
Tammy from My Life Abundant
Kim from Kid Pep
Sinea from Ducks 'n a Row
Crystal from Finding Crystal
Amber from Snapshots and Snippets
Paula from Buenos Aires
- Add one or two of your Facebook statuses that you want boosted as a comment to the top post on the page. The post says "The Ultimate Party on Facebook, Week 2!!!"
Here is how to find the URL of the Facebook post: Go to your Facebook page. Find the post you want to boost (have people like/comment/share). Click on the time under the title. I would click on "30 minutes ago."
Then go up to the browser window and copy the URL. It will look like this:
Paste this URL as a comment on The Ultimate Party's page.
- Go and boost other comments. Like, comment, or share the other Facebook posts.
- Please follow our Facebook page (The Ultimate Party) if you want to see our updates!
- If you wish, you can follow our Pinterest board called The Ultimate Party where all of your hosts can pin your great posts.
- Optional: You can include your pin URL that coincides with your post on G+ so that others can pin it if they want to do so. If you repin the pin, please try to remember to include the hashtag #theultimateparty in the pin description.
- We would love it if you grabbed our button!
And we would love some tweets! Thank you!
Tweet Before you link up, we have one more special feature that truly makes this Facebook party The Ultimate Party!
Every weekday except for Tuesday, you can share your posts on one of the host's pages. Go and link up one of your posts as a comment to the pinned post on the host's Facebook page.
Here is the schedule: