Are you a mom or grandma, who has...
-your house neat as a pin-
-hair and makeup done perfectly all the time-
-homemade cookies baking in the oven every day
when the kids get home from school?
If you are, how in the world do you do it? If you're not, join the ever growing club of "wanna be's" ...like me!
I faced reality a long time ago, though, that that is never going to be me. Oh, I have some glorious moments here and there but it's not going to be an everyday occurrence. Good thing, too! If I baked EVERY day, I would look like I baked EVERY day. I love cookies! Like I said, I know me.
But there are those times that do call for the smell of freshly baked cookies to warm the atmosphere as your family walks through the door. On those special occasions, I sometimes bake cookies from scratch but often I cheat! You'd hardly even know it, as long as I remember to throw the wrapper away.
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Open the package.
- Break apart the refrigerated cookie dough along the scored lines.
- Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet* on center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown.
*I prefer the air bake cookie sheet. It is nearly impossible to burn
cookies on it, and I am a cookie-burning expert! LOL
- Remove cookies from oven and let them sit for 2 minutes to cool before removing them from the cookie sheet. Then remove and cool completely.
- You can freeze the dough for up to 2 months. Be sure to do so prior to the "use by" date, though.
- Frozen cookie dough can be baked without thawing. Just add 1 to 2 minutes baking time.
Note: this author is an Amazon affiliate. Anything purchased from Amazon through Ducks 'n a Row will result in a small commission for me. In advance, "thank you" ...Sinea