Does your refrigerator have a water and ice maker inserted in the door? It's a fun feature and oh-so convenient but cleaning it? That is not as easy as it seems. Grime and even "slime" can collect. Nasty! Getting it really clean means reaching the "nooks and crannies" of the tray, too. Here's how ...
Start with a spray bottle of multipurpose cleaner or you can even make your own. If you make your own, it should be primarily water with some ammonia, white vinegar and baking soda. (recipe below)
- Place a towel on the floor in front of the refrigerator to catch spills.
- Spray the door tray liberally, getting the solution into all the corners.
- Wipe with a sponge.
- Use Q-tips to clean out the hard to reach corners
- Wipe out the tray with a clean cloth or paper toweling.
- Now, wipe off the front of the door. Done!
Homemade Cleanser Recipe
1 gallon hot water
1 cup clear ammonia
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup baking soda
Recipe adapted from HGTV
More Easy Cleaning Tips:
- How To Clean Crayon Off Almost Everything
- How To Clean Pet Hair Off Almost Anything
- How To Clean A Microwave