When I first tasted this cake, I was utterly delighted with the sweet, light creamy flavor. The balance of pineapple and orange is so unique.
This is one of those cakes that you will love to bring to potluck suppers because everyone will be asking you for the recipe, I'm sure of it! Why? Because that is how I got this recipe! My friend, Jan, brought it to a party and I loved it so much that I HAD to have the recipe...and here it is, just for you!
Pineapple Mandarin Orange Cake
1 18 oz can crushed pineapple
1 pkg yellow or white cake mix
2 large eggs
1 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
½ cup real mayonnaise
1 12 oz container whipped topping, thawed
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (small box)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice
- Combine pineapple juice, cake mix, eggs, mandarin oranges and mayonnaise in large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed till blended.
- Pour batter into greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 min. or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool pan on wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained pineapple, whipped topping and pudding mix, beat on low speed until blended.
- Spread mixture evenly on cooled cake.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serves 12 (maybe!)