This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CaringMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Women have enough to contend with in this world of responsibility. Dealing with personal hygene glitches should not have to be one of them. Having dealt with occasional LBL (light bladder leakage) myself, I know firsthand that LBL is a challenge to a woman's confidence. Not knowing when a laugh, sneeze or a cough could cause a leak is nerve racking. We yearn to maintain an active lifestyle but are concerned about unpredictable “surprise” leaks.
And don't think that this situation is limited to older women. Oh no, lots of younger women go through it from time to time. Thankfully now there is a great product that eliminates the fear and let's you get back to living your life: Poise® Liners - Light Absorbency (2 dots) They are designed specifically for LBL and keep you 3x drier than the leading period-only liners. This panty liner has an absorb-loc® core that quickly locks away wetness and odor to help keep you fresh and dry.
So, I decided that it would be really neat to make a pretty clutch purse to give to a friend who is dealing with LBL. I thought it could make her delicate situation better. I put the Poise pads inside and made it big enough for some beauty supplies, as well. No one will guess she is taking it to the ladies room for any reason but staying gorgeous!
Isn't it pretty?
Here is how I made it:
I purchased double-sided quilted fabric to make my purse. This black and gold pattern looked particularly elegant to me. There are many cute styles of fabric out there so you can pick the one that is just right for your friend's personality.
How To Make A Clutch Purse From Quilted Fabric
1. Make a pattern. I used copier paper and taped it together - one sheet wasn't quite big enough. This purse pattern is 11" X 14 1/2".
2. Place the pattern on the quilted fabric using weights to hold it still. If you do not own garment weights, use salt shakers or other objects to hold it in place. Note: be sure that you have positioned it so that the pattern will be square. You don't want it to come out crooked unless that is the look you are aiming for.
Cut the fabric along the outside of your paper pattern.
3. Double-fold the edges of the fabric. Note: the side you are turning it in toward will be the lining of your purse. By double-folding it no rough edges will be exposed.
4. Pin the edges.
5 / 6 Sew all of the edges using your sewing machine.
7. Now fold the 14 1/2" side of the fabric up 2/3 of the way to form the bottom of the purse. Pin and sew the sides on the outside of the fabric (no need to make a seam as the edges are already finished.)
8. Pin the location where you want to put a button hole. The pins will be a guide to keep your stitching straight. Sew the button hole - using a satin stitch on your sewing machine - and then cut the center open.
9. Hand sew the button on. Done!
Now here is the really fun part: filling the purse and giving it to your friend! You will be giving her all of the Poise Liners Light Absorbency but do put several inside the purse along with some pretty beauty supplies. To demonstrate I added a hair brush, nail polish, lipstick and a bracelet watch.
What would you put inside?
I bought the Poise Liners - Light Absorbency (2 dots) at Sam's Club. It was so easy to find. They were on the aisle with feminine products right near the pharmacy side of the store. I really love shopping at Sam's Club. I have been a member for a while now. What is very nice is that, for your convenience, you can order what you want online and they will have it ready for you to pick up. How easy is that!
Sam's Club sells Poise® and Depend® products to help adults with a variety of levels of incontinence keep on living their lives to the fullest. In fact, they have quite a selection of wonderful "care giver" products that you can buy.