Whether you call them "marble brownies" or "cheesecake brownies," this delicious dessert is perfect for bringing to a potluck supper, as the dessert for a dinner party or an after school snack. It is perfect anywhere, anytime! Got a junior chef in your house? This is a great starter recipe that they will love to make.
Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
1 pkg fudge brownie mix
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease bottom of 8x8-inch pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth; set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies.
- Spread brownie batter in prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture in dollops over batter.
- Swirl brownie and cream cheese batter together with a knife or spatula making a marble effect.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Chill 2 hours.
Brownie photo by melissalicious via Flickr.com
Note: this author is an Amazon Affiliate. Anything that you purchase from Amazon through Ducks 'n a Row will result in a small commission for me. In advance, "thank you!" ... Sinea