Do you love bacon? I do! Yes, there are varying opinions on how good it may or may not be for you but I can't get around it...I LOVE BACON!
What I do NOT love is the mess when you fry it. No matter how careful you are, the grease splatters. It takes a lot of time to fry it, too. Add the cleanup and you have taken on a real project!
So, the other day I was visiting my dad and my 20-something nephew, Ian, was lining some baking sheets with foil. When I asked what he was up to he said, "Oh, Aunt Sinea, I'm going to fry up the leftover bacon in the frig before it goes bad." Frying? Baking sheets? Am I the last one to know?
Oven Fried Bacon is a dream come true. You can bake a whole pound of bacon with almost no effort and little cleanup. And, it tastes so good!
If you like bacon with breakfast, or have favorite dishes where bacon is a component, you'll want to try this technique. Whatever you aren't prepared to eat right away can be frozen, too. That way you have cooked bacon at your finger tips any time you need it!
Here's how you do it:
- Line two jelly roll pans (Jelly roll pans are baking sheets with an edge on them to keep the fat from dripping into your oven. Do NOT use a flat baking sheet. The dripping fat will cause a fire.)
- Lay the raw bacon out flat on the pans.
- Place them in a COLD oven and then set the temperature for 400°.
- Set your timer for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes, if it is not as crisp as you like, reset the timer for 1-3 more minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven.
- Carefully move the cooked bacon to a paper-towel covered platter to cool.
Serve immediately or place the cooked bacon in a freezer bag with a clean paper towel inside. Freeze.
Next time you need bacon, either microwave the frozen slices or simply thaw to use in your favorite recipe.
Place in COLD oven. Set temperature for 400°.
When done, place cooked bacon on paper towel to soak up excess grease.
I love Chicken Colindron (recipe coming soon), Tortellini Alfredo and Turkey Club Sandwiches. Or, twice baked potatoes! Yum!
Stop by every week for
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
with specially featured blogs.
A treasure in every click.